What pulley system is my pulley?
I think that I will need a fixed pulley system. A fixed pulley is a pulley that does not move.
This is un example of one:
How it works.
When I pull down the load goes up.
What it looks like.
This is my design.
I think that the elevator will go up when I twist the dowel. I will use a box and the box will be the main thing. The cardboard I will use, will not be attached to the box so it can move. The dowel will have a string attached to it and when I twist the dowel the string will move, so if the string moves the seat will move because the string is attached to the seat.
What I needed to make the elevator
To make the elevator I needed:
- A cardboard box
- A dowel
- Some string
- A bit of cardboard
- I gathered my materials.
- I took my box and cut off the sides.
- I glued two dowels together and stuck them into the box.
- I used the side of the box to make a seat to be the elevator.
- I taped the seat to a piece of string and the string to the seat.
- Next I glued the base together and glued the box to the base.
- I took another piece of cardboard for the barn and bent it in half.
- Then I did the same for another piece.
- I hot glued that together.
- Then I glued a roof to the barn.
- Last I painted is all.
My hypothesis was right. Why? It moved up when I moved the dowels.
This is a video and a picture.